Saturday, March 10, 2012

Open The Door to Change

From the book Evolve your Brain by Joe Dispenza, D.C.~

  Scientific evidence shows that the brain is as changeable as the words we write in our word processing program. The irony of this is that the way out of the mess we've created requires us to use the same tools we used to get ourselves into it. We don't need a simple twist of fate to write a happy ending to our own life story; considering things from a slightly different perspective may be all that's required.....To change is to have a new mind in spite of the body and the environment, and to train the body to follow in that new direction. When the body has become trained by our repetitive actions and experiences to be the mind, it will take all of our conscious will to stop the body's conditioned mind from controlling us. To change is to break the physical and mental conditioning of being ourselves- that is, what we repeatedly think and do.

From a personal perspective, when I notice that I have a certain mindset about something, and that mindset, or belief that I have is obviously not working for me, I know it's time to investigate what my perspective is, how I came to that belief, and question whether or not if it is really true for me. So I look at my emotions. What exactly am I feeling? I look at how my body feels...wow, my stomach is in a knot! I look to my past and how that belief became one that I've held on to. Then I look to see if it is a belief that is still true for me now....is it still working for me? If not, I get to the work of changing my thoughts to align with who I truly am. I choose different thoughts that redirect those neural pathways of my brain that no longer serve me. And thus beginning the process of creating new ones that are in more alignment with who I am. 

This is just one of the many ways I open the door to my life. But what a joy it is to slowly peek into the other side of that closed door that leads to a new adventure! Sure, it's scary....but well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment